Thank you for your interest in submitting to Midnight Frost. Below are our submission guidelines, please read through them, manuscripts which do not conform to our guidelines will not be considered.
We’re seeking books ranging from 15,000 to 100,000 words in all sub genres of fiction. If you have a story where Romance is the key factor, please see our sister house, Crimson Frost. Before you submit, please make sure your manuscript is polished and at its best quality as per our guidelines. It must be ready for submission prior to submitting it, if you want to do edits after submitting it affects the review of the manuscript and if a contract is offered can mean the editors don’t have the proper manuscript. We do NOT accept simultaneous submissions.
Midnight Frost is an e-publisher only, meaning we don’t accept submissions via any other method than email. Failure to abide by our guidelines will result in immediate deletion of submission.
Please send a short query letter in the body of your email, along with your COMPLETED manuscript, and a short 2-5 page synopsis to us here at email@example.com
Formatting should fall within the following guidelines
*1 inch margins
* No headers or footers
* 1.5 line spacing
* .3 Indents
* Times New Roman 12 pt
Your submission should include your full contact information on the first page of the manuscript :
Legal name as well as pen name
Website, and any other places we can find you online
Please include with your submission as another attachment a 1-2 page marketing plan. A marketing plan is a requirement and we encourage our authors to have a website or blog set up. This is the place readers will come to learn about and connect with you. If you need help in the direction of a blog or website, don’t hesitate to ask for assistance in finding which platform is right for you.
Our processing time at the moment is 4-8 weeks but usually shorter, if you still haven’t heard back after 8 weeks drop us an email.
Approximate required word count:
* Sizzlers15,000 -19,999 words
* Novellas 20,000 – 39,999 words
* Full novels/anthologies -40,000 -100,000 words
Periodically, we’ll be having special calls for teasers which will be under our current word counts, between 5,000 and 10,000 words.
We are currently seeking stories with well developed plots, three dimensional characters, and show the story for the reader. We want stories that will stay with the reader long after that last page has been turned. However, there are some things we will not accept.
* Bestiality – shifters are the exception but any sexual activity is to
be in ‘human’ form.
* Necrophilia – Vampires, Zombies etc are the exception
* Sexual abuse of minors under the age of 18 in any form, including being exposed to sexual acts. This includes consensual acts by anyone under 18. This includes incest.
* Rape for purpose of titillation. Please keep it off the main stage…we understand this does happen but we as a publishing house don’t accept it in submissions.
* Golden Showers or any act containing the use of feces.
* Manuscripts featuring individuals subjected to strangulation or suffocation as part of the sex act, whether self-inflicted or otherwise will lead to an a